axis' arts development work provides access to both participation and development in all areas of the arts to the community of Ballymun, and through this locale to all who engage with axis, the wider public, artists, teachers etc . This is exemplified in axis' work in arts in education, artists development, collaborative arts practice, multi displinary arts classes, early years projects, and development projects in community settings among many others.
Participation is across all age groups and recent and current projects include
- Spark in collaboration with the West Yorkshire Playhouse Leeds, A four year arts in education project engaging over 500 national school students, 24 teachers and up to 12 artists annually between 2007 - 2010
- Dig It project in two junior infant schools, 8 classes over four years 2007 - 2010
- Gliondar le Foras na Gaeilge i Gaeilscoileanna, 3 schools, 4 classes. 2008
- Tales le DCC arts office 8 schools, 12 classes. Annually since 2007
- The Dream Factory 85 young people in a multi art form residency in the summer. Annually since 2005
- Invent a rap/ songwriting project over 90 teenagers in a school, youth club, youthreach and youth resource settings over 5 months in 2008. Now available as an outreach project in communities nationwide. See Arts Development Updates
- Action Digital media project over 80 teenagers in a school, youth club, youthreach and youth resource settings over 4 months in late 2008 early 2009
- Classes in the visual arts, drumming, guitar, piano
- Leap forward Dance residency in assoc with Lift ballymun Youth arts festival
- Partners in above Lift youth arts festival, annually at Easter
- Partners in Ballymun's Otherworld Festival
- Manscape in association with The Ark
- Making Tracks Music development awards in association with DCC arts office
- The Pictures an Over 55's Film Club in conjunction with DCC
Other work has included
- Early years work with artists as part of a HSE initiative Past and Presence 2007
- Consultancy and mentoring work on a wide range of projects
- Internship programme for all ages across all artforms
Click here to view the upcoming Arts Development events.
For more information about axis' arts development, why not click here to read project updates from the arts development team.
For more information on any of Arts Development project, please contact Mark O'Brien on (01) 883 2147 or alternatively by email.